Last updated – June 2010
When clients purchase one of The Wordlings’ proofreading, translation, tuition or other services, or when they register with us, we ask that they provide us with a few pieces of personal information. These may include the client’s -
- Business Name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
- Choice to receive email updates from The Wordlings and an
- IP address which will be retained to monitor your use of the Website.
The details we collect will be used:
- To process the client’s order and provide post-sale account management.
- Where a client opts in, we may use the email address to forward information on our other products and services.
- We may pass the information collected on to third party companies for administrative purposes. We would use these companies to carry out certain activities –
- processing and sorting data
- monitoring how customers use the Website
- sending emails
- to answer any questions or issues as they arise
However, third parties will not be allowed to use a client’s personal information for their own purposes.
Clients’ projects received by the Company will not be used for any other purpose than as intended, nor will the contents be shared with others.
We will never hold client-sensitive payment details such as credit or debit card numbers, expiry dates and security codes.
Any personal information that we collect from this Website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
- When we receive documents to be reviewed, we ensure that the documents remain private. They will not be shared with anyone outside the Company.
- We may send emails to existing or prospective clients who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or services directly provided by our Company.
- The Company will destroy/delete all personal information from our systems when it is no longer required by us or in accordance with applicable laws.
- All the Company’s staff and Freelancers have signed confidentiality agreements with the Company and their experience/qualifications have been established to our satisfaction.
- The client retains sole copyright, ownership and control over all materials submitted for proofreading and editing.
- The client has the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about the client. If a client would like to see a copy of the information that we have, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email as DPA (Data Protection Act).
- If a client believes that any of the data we hold about the client is incorrect or being misused or want further information, contact us at email@example.com.
- These Privacy provisions only cover this Website. Any other websites that may be linked to by our Website are subject to their own policy, which may differ from ours.